Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If you give a girl a diet....

If you give a girl a diet....she's not gonna follow it unless she's ready....

I read a nice article online today about the reasons diets fail. It was quite a good read and quick, so I recommend! Everything she said was right on and I'm glad to be combatting most of those things already. Success is a sweet aftertaste in my mouth and I long to devour it again.

I'll quickly go over The Reasons and personally address them:
1. You're not fully committed: I actually am right now. I'm about to get pregnant, again, for another couple and so my weight affects them too. Statisically, obese women have a higher rate of miscarriage with IVF and are more succeptible to pre-term labor. Yikes! This is real!
2. You expect miracles: Usually, yeah. I'm the "let's only eat 500 calories so we can lose 30 lbs. by Friday" kind of gal...and look where it's gotten me. My goal right now. A pound. One single pound. ANYONE can do that! No miracle needed.
3. Your plan isn't sustainable: See above. I'm reformed now. I eat better, I work out...I have a plan and it's pretty damn good.
4. You can't forgive your slip-ups: For me, it was more that once I slipped up, I figured, "to hell with it" and just let the whole day go to waste...and then, why not the whole week? "I'll start on Monday" became my mantra. Why not, "I'll get back on track next meal" instead? If only I'd done that before...if only? But this is about forgiveness, right? I forgive you hungry fat girl. :)

I ate well yesterday, worked out and didn't freak out when I had a small package of Oreos and instead counted my calories. I also have been referred to this wonderful site and I *think* I might actually try it. I will likely never be a runner, but a jogger I can aspire to! :)

Here's to Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny because I'm always trying to start the couch to 5K program. I had actually started it the week before I messed my knee up. I'm actually gonna start it today at the gym with my knee brace, cause even though I'm moving in a straight line I'm still scared. I'll let ya know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete