Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Feed Me, Seymour!


I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Yes, it's me again. Newly delivered and a gym-rat in the making. Hard to believe isn't it? It's true though. Even the most slothful can be reformed.

The goal is to lose a pound this week. A pound...that's it, no less, maybe more, but surely I can lose one lb. 3,500 extra calories burned and there ya have it folks, a lighter me. Of course, this will not miraculously happen on its own. Yes, I might get mono and lose 25 lbs. and be bed ridden for 6 weeks, but it didn't happen in High School (despite many wishes) and I doubt it will happen now (thankfully!) so let's get real and say that I need to do something to make this pound go away.

The plan is to eat better and exercise (Shhhh! It's a weight loss secret!!). I've filled my fridge with good foods and happy thoughts and I brought my lunch today. I had a 1/2 c. of almonds for breakfast...not the heartiest, but good protein. Lunch is a lean cuisine (read: lots of water intake needed!) and a yogurt. I'm going to the gym today, so I'll need some sort of snack before I go. This will likely consist of grapes and mushrooms (not together, of course) with some FF ranch dip. Dinner will be chicken breast with wheat angel hair pasta, zucchinni, squash, mushrooms and some basil pesto. Yummy! We might even have fruit smoothies for dessert if I decide to get fancy!

The exercise plan is Body Pump at 7:00. Feel the burn, baby.

Okay, so there is day 1. :)

3 comments:

  1. where or how do you make the basil pesto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say where did you buy or how do you make the basil pesto? In my defense I did just wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought it at Kroger in the pasta aisle.

    ReplyDelete