Monday, January 12, 2009

Manic Monday

Monday's seem to be a time for starting things. The work week, new diets, going pee all the time....all of those things come to mind right now. The peeing is probably b/c I've had about 45 oz. of water today thus far! I'm back on Medifast today. I have about a month's worth of food that I already paid for, and need to use up, and 95% of my clothes no longer fit me. Since I can't go to work in workout clothes (work is not the key word here)...I needed to do something drastic. I made hot cocoa this morning. One of my meals for the day. I added a little coffee to it and it was delicious. I made some for lunch too, sans coffee, not so good. It's clumpy. Medifast food is good as long as you make it the right way. This is gross...but I will eat it. It's just food right? Clearly, I like the way food tastes too much, and need to learn how to eat to live, not live to eat. Not saying I can't enjoy what I eat, but I just really, really like how food tastes...so much that I will eat way past my point of no longer being hungry...and that is not healthy. Mostly b/c it's usually not baby carrots!

I weighed in this morning at 198. 2 lbs. shy of 200. I was down to 168 this past June....I can get there again. Realistically, my goal weight is 155. Technically, I should be between 115-138...but I think 155 isn't too out of line. Anyway, let's go month by month. My goal this month is to lose 10 lbs. I don't think that's too much....I'm trying to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race. What's losing 30 lbs in a month if you can't keep it off? So, 2.5 lbs. a week is my goal. I guess since I'm starting this week, 7.5 lbs. is my total January goal....

Also, I had a lot of fun this past weekend. And, I made a good choice at dinner....maybe it was just one meal, but slow and steady...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been telling ya'll this all my life. Mondays are the day to start things. Haha. You did make a good point. I think that all of the triads has the same problem...we like the taste of food. :) But yay you for setting realistic goals!!! I know standing on the scale this morning had to of been painful but you're going to get to that weight you want off in a healthy time and be able to keep it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U very wise to trust in the wisdom of old turtle!

    ReplyDelete