Friday, November 5, 2010

On January 19, 2009, I weighed 198 lbs. Since then, I've had a baby and been on IVF meds that make you gain weight so I was a little scared to see what kind of progress I've made since then. I'm happy to report that I weighed in at 183 this morning and I am just fine with that.

January 19, 2011 is fast approaching so that will be my "goal date" to weigh in and see what 2 years of on again-off again work and being pregnant has done for me. It's also right about when I should be doing a transfer for the surrogacy that I am doing. What a great goal date. It's just over 2 months away. My long-term goal is 15 lbs. I think that isn't overly ambitious and I would be right at the BMI for being overweight instead of being obese!! Who'd have thought I'd be happy about being overweight!?? :)

I've been going to the gym, at a minimum, of 2 times a week but that needs to be upped to 4-5 if I really want to see results. My diet needs a real makeover, if I'm being totally honest here, and fast food really needs to be cut out of the picture. I already have all the tools to make this happen, one of them being e-mealz, and daylight savings time ends this weekend, so it'll be easier to get up in the mornings and go to the gym.

I've been getting some compliments (a good deal come from my husband!!) on how I'm looking good and it really boosts my self-confidence. I enjoy hearing that and it gives me incentive to keep going to the gym. If I could stick to planning healthy meals instead of eating crap fast food, that would be the real icing on the cake (pardon my reference to cake!) and I'd see some major results.

I'll try and check back next week with my progress! :)

1 comment: